Monday, June 29, 2009

Not even halfway there. . .

I tried to pack up the kitchen this weekend. I just didn't go as well as I would have liked. Between laundry, cleaning, bills, and all the other tasks I have been putting off -- I had a little too much to do. With an estimated 30% done, there is plenty more to go and I only have 4 days left to do it! Oh dear. I know what I'll be doing tonight. . . wanna come over?

Sunday we trekked over to Sears to hunt down some appliances. I already knew what I wanted and we walked away with a pretty good idea of what we could get for our budget. We went home and measured doors and walls and more doors to see if the fridge I picked out could actually fit into our house -- it would be pretty depressing if we couldn't get it through the door. It looks like we'll be able to get this lady in the front door after all:



Isn't she lovely? Hopefully she'll like it in the new kitchen. She'll have 3 other new friends to hang out with so she won't be too lonely:




The microwave will vent outside to keep our tiny kitchen smell free as much as possible. I hope. It's also a convection oven! Which, essentially will be like having two ovens in the house now. Blissful.
Though, I won't be doing that much cooking for a long time. Our appliances will be leaving us on Friday to go to the big recycling center in the sky. They were too old to donate (according to their standards) and too broken to really give away. The cabinets however will be donated and overall are in pretty good shape. I hope someone puts them to good use.
Let the games begin!


No comments:

Injuries Obtained

  • Sprained Toe/Foot: 1
  • Blood Blisters: 2
  • Splinters under fingernail: 1
  • Bird Shit on me: 1
  • Eye Injuries: 3
  • Burns: 0
  • Falls off ladder: 0 (this is because we don't have a ladder yet)
  • Headaches: too many to itemize
  • Broken Bones: 0
  • Bandages Needed: 5
  • Electric Shocks: 2
  • Stiches: 0
  • Bruises: way too many